Monday, November 4, 2013
Slow Cooked Pork Tenderloin
Prep time: about 10 minutes or less...
· 2 lbs Pork Tenderloin
· 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
· 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
· 3 tablespoons maple syrup
· 3 tablespoons olive oil
· 2 tablespoons diced dried onions
· 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or powder
1. Mix ingredients above.
2. Pour over Tenderloin in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
Monday, October 28, 2013
Zesty & Tasty Pork Chops
Prep time: about 5 minutes or less...
· 1 package of boneless pork chops
· 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup or use Link for Bulk Cream Soup mix (Combine 1/3 c of dry mix with 1 1/4 c of cold water prepared = 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup)
· 1 Packet dry Ranch Dressing Mix or use Link for Bulk Recipe (1 packet = to 2 tablespoons)
1. Layer pork chops in slow cooker.
2. Sprinkle half of the packet of dry ranch dressing (or 1 tablespoon) over pork chops.
2. Add the cream of chicken soup.
3. Top off by sprinkling the remaining dry ranch dressing all over ingredients.
4. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours OR low for 6 hours.
The pork chops come out very tender and the flavor is amazing! The results will also give a good gravy for mashed potatoes.
*If you are a pesto (basil) lover, you will find this delicous! I made this over the weekend & it was so yummy!
Chicken, White Bean, Kale & Pesto Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs. of cubed boneless chicken breast
- 5 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 8 c. chicken broth
- ½ c. prepared pesto
- ½ c. parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ large head of fresh kale, roughly torn off the stem into bite-size pieces
- 1 can white kidney beans
Crockpot, chicken, Simple
Crockpot, chicken, Simple
1. Add oil and chicken to slow cooker and stir chicken around in olive oil.
2. Then add all ingredients except for kale and kidney beans.
3. Cook on high for two hours.
4. After two hours add kale and kidney beans along with the juice in the can and cook on medium setting for 2 hours.
5. Garnish with additional parmesan cheese if desired when serving.
- 9 servings
- Slow Cooker
Thursday, May 30, 2013
Friday, February 1, 2013
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
2 Tbl grape seed oil
1 medium onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 1/2 c. chicken broth (Herb-Ox offers real herb, real flavors and other natural flavors)
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 to 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, to taste
1 (15oz.) can tomato sauce
1- (19oz.) can enchilada sauce (or two 10oz. cans)
3 large chicken breasts
1 (15oz.) can navy beans
2 c. frozen corn
cheese sauce ingredients:
1/2 lb of mild cheddar cheese
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. chicken broth
3 cubes of chicken bouillon
16 smal corn tortillas (6 inch diameter)
1 c. shredded colby-jack cheese
substitution for cheese sauce: 16 oz. of Velveeta cubed
Directions1. In a skillet, heat grape seed oil over medium heat and sauté onions until tender.
2. Add minced garlic and sauté for five additional minutes.
3. Transfer onion and garlic to crock pot, add remainer of main ingredients, except for the chicken, corn and navy beans. Cook on high heat for 1 1/2 hours.
4. Add chicken, corn, navy beans and cook on high heat for another 1 1/2 hours.
5. Prep cheese sauce or skip if using Velveeta (directions below for cheese sauce)
6. Add prepared cheese sauce (or cubed Velveeta) to crock pot and cook on low an additional 30 minutes.
7. During the last 30 minutes, prep tortilla strips (directions below).
8. Gently stir until smooth and serve in bowls.
9. Top the prepared bowl with the prepped fried tortilla strips for garnishing.
10. Sprinkle with the grated colby-jack cheese and serve.
Directions for cheese sauce:
Into a blender, add the 1/2 c. of chicken broth, sour cream, and the 1/2 lb of mild cheddar cheese (cut cheese into slices for easier blending). Blend on high until smooth. Transfer cheese sauce from blender to a sauce pan. Add crumbled chicken bouillon cubes. Cook on medium heat while continuely stirring so that sauce does not burn or stick. Once you can see that the cheese is melted remove and set aside until needed.
Directions for tortilla topping:
Optional for serving, add a dolip of sour cream, pico de gallo and/or cubed avocados.
Tip for leftovers; *after serving the meal, store the fried tortilla strips in a zip lock baggie to keep crispy for additional servings the next day.
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Chicken Brunswick Stew
Ingredients2 1/2 c onions, chopped
7 (4 oz.) skinless, boneless ckicken breast halves
2 (16 oz) cans of no-salt cream-style corn
1 (28 oz) can of crushed tomatoes, undrained
1 c chicken broth (recipe for chicken broth)
1/2 c barbecue sauce (recipe for bbq sauce)
1/4 c melted butter
1/4 c ketchup
2 Tb Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp liquid smoke
2 Tb cider vinegar
1 Tb celery salt
2 tsp dry mustard
Freshly ground pepper to taste
brown rice for a side (optional)
Directions1. Place onions in a 6 quart slow cooker, top with chicken, corn, tomatoes, and broth.
2. Mix barbecue sauce, melted butter, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, vinegar, celery salt, and dry mustard (add ground pepper to liking). Stir well and pour over ingredients in slow cooker.
3. Cover with lid and cook on high for 90 minutes and then reduce to low setting and cook for 5 hours or until chicken is tender.
4. Remove chicken and shred. Return to slow cooker.
5. Add hot rice (optional) when serving.
Chicken Brunswick Stew is named after the city of Brunswick, Georgia.